How does stopping birth control pills affect ovulation? I was taking birth control pills for last 3 years and 2 months ago decided to discontinue. When will it be possible for me to concieve, I mean, do pills have delayed side effects on ovulation? How long does it take for ovulation to get regular ?I got the period earlier then expectd last month and it lasted longer than usual. What does that mean?

It is not recomended to stay pregnant for at least one month after discontinuing the therapy. Your body needs time to accomodate on change in hormon levels. Concieving is possible, there are no that kind of delayed effects of bcps, you are not protected any longer when you stop using pills. But it is safer to wait for a while. Your period lasted longer because of that accomodation, your hormons were under control no longer, it will take a while for your body to make the new balance, but i believe that it has already happened in these last two months. I stayed pregnant 3 months after stopped with bcps.