Did I have ovulation spotting or implantation bleeding? My last period was on 2/15/11 i believe, and i had some spotting on 3/2/11. This is 2 weeks after my period started so I'm thinking its just ovulation spotting but I have had other pregnancy symptoms too such as extreme bloating, hunger, lower abdominal pain, and sore boobs. None of these are normal for me.. Not even before my period. The spotting is definitely not normal for me, I have never spotted in my life (I am only 20 though.) Today (3/17/11) is the day im supposed to start my period, I took a pregnancy test today that was negative. (this was also one of those early detection tests.) Could the tests still be negative after 2 weeks of the spotting if it was implantation bleeding? Everyone keeps telling me that the best option would be to wait, Ive already waited to weeks though since the spotting so its very hard :/ Can anyone help with this difficult situation? Thanks! ;-)

You are right when you said that this is ovulation spotting, even all the signs like cramps and breast tenderness are most likely associated with the ovulation. And its not uncommon at all that "tough" ovulation happens even though it haven't happened before. So, it definitely could not have been implantation bleeding - implantation bleeding happens only to a smaller percentage of pregnant women and its different from other kinds of spotting because it always happens at the time your period is supposed to come. This spotting is always bright red and it doesn't last more than few hours. You took the pregnancy test in time - its most reliable at the time when the period is supposed to come - the usual recommendation is to wait at least a day after the period is late, but I think that it really seems like you are not pregnant.

Hi, do you suppose what i have is also ovulation bleeding? I am currently on bcps. Had sex on the end of the second week of pills. (Wednesday) continued taking them. Had dark brown bleeding with some pink 4days later which lasted up 'til now which would be about 7 days of that discharge. As of yesterday i have started my placebo pills, however no change in flow. Not sure what to think. It seems everyone is different with stories about being pregs and also not. So, if you have any thoughts Pls. Let me know. Still not sure if i should take an hpt yet. Might be too early. Its been a week and a half almost and im very anxious. Pls. Reply. Thanks!

well sometimes for some reason birth control pills will cause bleeding the first few weeks so it is probably that. It turns out that the spotting i had was ovulation spotting and it was only about 2 days, not 7 and it was only a very tiny amount so the bleeding you are experiencing is probably from the birth control pills. And most likely you did not get pregnant on the pills. hope this helps :-)

Hey thanks for thw reply. Any thoughts do help. It seems that there are more questions on this site sometimes than answers. I forgot to mention that ive been taking the pill for about 9 months now and on my last pack i skipped my placebo pills to avoid my period. Ive done this before but never experienced this type of midcycle spotting. And it just so happened that i had sex a few days before it happened. So maybe its all coincidence but i dont think i can rest until i get my period again. :-) (5 more placebo pills to go.) Anyway, the only thing i'd experienced was acid reflux, slight hunger increase, and need to pee just a little more than usual but all these could have.alternate reasons. Hmmmm...