I am a 52 year old woman. My hearing was tested within the year and the tests showed great hearing. I have never had any problems with my ears. Maybe vertigo twice in my life. On May17 I walked into my kitchen, my left ear gave a slight ring and then went deaf. I am still stone deaf in that left hear. I went immediately to the ENT specialist and have had an MRI. MRI shows everything is totally fine. I am waiting on blood work now. If I hold the phone up to my left ear I can hear way off in zillion distant a tiny dial tone, or if someone talking a tiny voice. Very difficult. On May 15th I had botox in my forward and then they did some on the side for the creases in my eyes. Wondering if that has anything to do with maybe paralyzing something in the ear.

Any comments?

thanks
Mary

Botox is a neurotoxin. If it somehow got into your auditory nerve, it can make you deaf for sure. The timing sure makes it a prime suspect. If this is indeed the cause, you will have to wait for the effects of botox to wear off before you can hear again. I hope the blood test will be able to tell you something useful. Best of luck.