I was born with nerve deafness in both ears. As a child, I can remember on many occasions having to see the doctor due to fluid in my ears. I am 50 years of age and believe my hearing has deteriated over the years. I have virtually no hearing in my left ear and have about 20% in my right ear, which I wear a hearing aid.

Is their operation or something out there to repair hair cells and nerve damage? I will go to any lengths to have better hearing

Reply is much appreciated

Unfortunately, there is no cure for nerve deafness. It is permanent. I have slight nerve deafness in my right ear from noise. There is nothing that can be done for it except to avoid loud noises. Anything over 80dB will cause more nerve damage.

i became deaf at am earlie age nd was told i av nerve deafness,but also seem to think it was course byfallin nd avin abang.when i was bout 2 years old,i am very weary bout it nd really would like to know if there anything that can be done as i wear am earrin aid nd always gettin problems with it .i would be very greatfull if u could find out for me .thankyou please reply.

Do you still have fluid in your ears, if you do and if you eat bananas I would advise you to give them up, they are mucus forming.

First talk to your doctor / audiologist to see which kind of hearing loss you have. It will be sensorineural / nerve hearing loss or conductive hearing loss or a mix of each.

Then go to ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and read up about it's cochlear products (for sensorineural / nerve hearing loss) and baha products (for mixed, that is both sensorineural and conductive hearing loss).

Best regards

Scientist r performing stem cell trials for deafness.. They have said they cured deaf mice with the procedure n now r trying it on new born babies .. There hope