Hi! I have been diagnosed lyme disease. I have a rash and some other symptoms. Does a Lyme Disease infection ever go away?

Hi! Early symptoms include a rash, aching muscles and joints, and malaise. If the isn't treated with antibiotics at this stage, Lyme disease can affect the brain, heart and other tissues. In this situation, prolonged antibiotics therapy is necessary to cure the ailment. Take more antibiotics and be patient, and follow doctor’s order. If this treatment is ineffective, you might have to see a Lyme expert for possible intravenous therapy. Most Lyme cases can be cured I am one of them. Good luck!

Hi, thanks for the posts on lyme disease. My five year old daughter was recently diagnosed with lyme disease. She had the bulls eye rash, high fever, headache and joint aches. Her doctor immediately put her on arithromycin for 3 weeks. Her blood work came back negative but I've been told that the blood tests can come back false positive or false negative. Since my daughter had the bulls eye rash and other classic symptoms, her doctor wants to treat her for lyme disease and suspects that because we caught it so early, it isn't showing up in her blood yet. I am worried and want to do everything I can now to help her have a full recovery. Any suggestions.

A concerned mom

sounds like your daughter is in excellent hands. They say that she'll be fine, then why not believe them -- unless she has more symptoms -- sound like a great doctor! Your lucky. I haven't met a doc yet who thinks Lyme exists!

my 7 yr. old was recently diagnosed with lyme disease and was put on antibiotics for 14 days. he was fine and tested neg. but now syptoms such as stomaches and loss of appettite and fatigue are coming back. does lyme disease come back or lay dormant?!