I`m 31 and my 10 years old boy has been recently diagnosed as possibly having multiple sclerosis. I heard that lyme disease can imitate many diseases and have similar symptoms as MS. I would like to know what is the difference in symptoms of lyme and MS. My son has no visible trace of a tick byte on his body, but sometimes you can`t see the location of the byte.

Hi. My sister has MS and I know that on MRI scans you can see some sort of spots on the brain. Months to years can pass until the clinical features of MS occur. And still, doctors will not be completely sure if that is MS. There are many diseases that sometimes imitate MS, such as sarcoidosis, cerebral vasculitis, arteriovenous malformations, lupus, and, of course, lyme. In most cases you can see a red location of the tick byte. In the second stage of lyme (which occurs in some people) you can experience brain and even heart symptoms. If this stage is not recognized or treated, in the third stage you will have a persisten arthritis. You have blood tests and spinal fluid tests to diagnose the disease, but there is no 100% accurate test for both, lyme and MS.