I was wondering if lyme disease can provoke some other condition. For instance, can it provoke vasculitis? My friend had lyme disease few years ago. It seemed he cured it. However, he has been developing symptoms like vasculitis lately. I wonder if these two entities are linked in any way. Thanks.

Lyme disease is not cured with 2 weeks of antibiotics. Sometimes it takes months or years on antibiotics depending on how long since the person was infected initially. There are also other co infections that go hand in hand with Lyme, like Bartonella that can cause vasculitis. Lyme and many other bacterial infections wreak havoc on the immune system which causes inflammation, which is the route of arthritis and vasculitis. Neuropathies and neurological conditions, including MS result from untreated/undiagnosed Lyme.
Once you have had Lyme for more than 6 months, one often tests negative (esp by Elisa and even sometimes by Western Blot) which leads to further health issues. Do not bother seeing the so called Lyme specialists....you must find a LLMd (lyme literate doctor) and expect that many do not take insurance.
Do NOT let your friend give up.