I have been using morphine sulfate for few days already. My doctor recommended me intravenous administration. We use it for management of the pain which didn’t respond to non-narcotic analgesics. I like it because it provides pain relief for extended periods. Anyway, I would like to hear more about this drug, if I am going to use it still.

Morphine exerts its primary effects on the central nervous system and organs containing smooth muscles. Pharmacologic effects include analgesia, drowsiness, and alteration in mood. Reduction in body temperature (at low doses), dose-related depression of respiration, and interference with adrenocortical response to stress at high doses are also effects of this drug. Sometimes reduction in peripheral resistance with little or no effect on cardiac index and miosis are reported with usage of morphine sulphate. Nausea and vomiting may be prominent and are thought to be the result of central stimulation of the chemoreceptor trigger zone. Histamine release is common; allergic manifestations of urticaria and, rarely, anaphylaxis may occur. Bronchoconstriction may occur either as an idiosyncratic reaction or from large dosages. Preservative-free Astramorph/PF (morphine sulfate Injection, USP) should be administered with extreme caution in aged or debilitated patients, in the presence of increased intracranial/intraocular pressure and in patients with head injury.

Be careful with this stuff. My ex wife OD'd on morphine. She stole some from a friend who had cancer, and took it for kicks. She was cold as a rock by the next morning. Dont do this except under the supervision of a doctor.

I am happy verry sorry for what happened with your wife :-( so you can appreciate why I need to stop them now, I am looking for advice on the withdrawal symptoms from morphine. I do not want them in my life and that is why I decided to go cold turkey, it wil be 5 days tommorrow since I have had any Morphine, which is great. :-) how much longer will these withdrawals continue.
%-)

This is the worse you can take believe me it never helped me this is taking it every day for two years it's made me very sick .