i don't know if my statement was posted so i will write it again... I've been injecting suboxone for the past year... I quited it for 5 days without reducing and i feel like c**p... at least the heroine withdrwal was shorter....My parents are getting suspicious about my "pseudo flue" and i've heard that who quits like i did stays for more than a month withdrwaling....I cannot sleep, eat nor function....I cannot pretend being sick for a month... My shity island doesn't sell vicodins... i'm using tramadol but i don't have sleeping pills, exept xanax, but i get panic atacks during night with that c**p.... i'm thinking on going baxk to heroin...at leat the hangover is just for a week...what should i do?????

stick it out! You are doing well. Dont let yourself go back to what you were doing. I would see a rehab specialist if you can.

I'm hoping that you chose to stick it out. It takes so long to get out of that junkie mind set. Just remember that you're feeling like sh*t now because of the heroin! Opiates are a spawn of the devil. You have no control and never will. You need to remember why you saught treatment in the first place and try not to get discouraged by the time it takes to succeed in having a normal life again. I will be an addict for the rest of my life, I remember that every day and it helps me get through the day. I am always on guard. Someone couldn't pay me enough to do another opiate, prescribed or otherwise. I understand cravings, I'm not saying that I don't but see it this way. In satisfying this craving you will be getting 2 things. You will get the high which is what you were craving but you'll also get months and months of withdrawals over again. Starting back from scratch. Is that really worth it? Have you ever considered using the suboxone sublingually as it is intended? I received suboxone in an outpatient treatment facility and had very minor withdrawals that were almost completely subsided by the 9th day. I had no pain, no tremors and slept fine. I think that suboxone treatment and counseling in the right setting at the right point in your life is a miracle. You need to be ready to commit to changing your lifestyle and you need to be willing to fight for it, fight for a normal life! You deserve it. I hope that all is well. You're in my thoughts. I hope that you got some help. :-D

Durration of usage including the time you have taken illegal drugs and suboxone along with the doseage that you quit on, your mind set and current health ( Your diet plays an incredible part) are the most significant factors to withdrawl. You are not getting sick from the heroin!!!! why do people think that? you need to do your research.. that sh*t was outta your body along time ago.. it has been SUBlemented with SUBoxone wich we all know is an opiate..by the way, as noted by the manufactuer, this opiate is 15 times STRONGER than morphine!( extreamly potent with a celling effect). You need to quit taking this on a very very low dose or you will never get off it. I promise you. NO LESS THAN 1 GRAM A DAY. If you wana make it easier on yourself try skippin a day when you get down to that dosage. (Bravo to you if you can because i cant.) I have taken suboxone for 2 years now, Iam a god damn professional. If you have been taking suboxone for at least 6 months you need to start tapering off with the goal quit NOW! Trust me. The longer you take this the harder it will be to get off it, even at lower dosages. If you only taken this for a couple of months and try to quit on a higher dose, it will be the same. Please Find the truth and it will make it much eaiser on you.. dont wait till your own bodys natural endorphines shut down for good. yes that can happen. That is why we get sick. Our receptor cell have been "doped" with suboxone.. and it does the same sh*t as our own endorphines believe it or not, and they havent worked right since you have started opiates. Good Luck Bud.

Durration of usage including the time you have taken illegal drugs and suboxone along with the doseage that you quit on, your mind set and current health ( Your diet plays an incredible part) are the most significant factors to withdrawl. You are not getting sick from the heroin!!!! why do people think that? you need to do your research.. that c**p was outta your body along time ago.. it has been SUBlemented with SUBoxone wich we all know is an opiate..by the way, as noted by the manufactuer, this opiate is 15 times STRONGER than morphine!( extreamly potent with a celling effect). You need to quit taking this on a very very low dose or you will never get off it. I promise you. NO LESS THAN 1 GRAM A DAY. If you wana make it easier on yourself try skippin a day when you get down to that dosage. (Bravo to you if you can because i cant.) I have taken suboxone for 2 years now, Iam a freaking professional. If you have been taking suboxone for at least 6 months you need to start tapering off with the goal quit NOW! Trust me. The longer you take this the harder it will be to get off it, even at lower dosages. If you only taken this for a couple of months and try to quit on a higher dose, it will be the same. Please Find the truth and it will make it much eaiser on you.. dont wait till your own bodys natural endorphines shut down for good. yes that can happen. That is why we get sick. Our receptor cell have been "doped" with suboxone.. and it does the same c**p as our own endorphines believe it or not, and they havent worked right since you have started opiates. Good Luck Bud.

I was on 16 mg of Subutex for over 3 years and had not relapsed back to Heroin during that time. I felt it was a wonderdrug becuase it made it much easier for me to not relapse, especially at the begining, since it block all opiates. Since I was prescribed Subutex and had read you could actually inject it, unlike Suboxone, I began taking the subutex intravenously. I knew it was the wrong thing to do and I was continuing my "addict" behavior but I ignorantly believed that I was better off becuase it wasnt heroin and I was no longer getting high but I had now idea what harm I was actually doing to my body.

After experencing strange medical symptoms for 2 years I found out 2 months ago that I had a life threatening infection in the bones of my spine which had eaten away several of my vertebrae. I told them about my prior drug abuse and that I was currently taking Subutex and they informed me that this bone infection in the spine is typically seen among IV drug users. Since it had been already 3 years since I had last abused Heroin, I knew that it was caused by me injecting the Subutex. Some sort of bacteria made its way into my body and deposited itself in my back. Since Subutex acts as a pain killer I was unaware of the extent of the pain I was actually in. It dangerously masked a lot of the pain and once I as admitted and they told me they needed to cut away the dead bones in my spine, graph a rib into the empty space and insert a metal plate with pins, I knew I could not continue to take the Subutex becuase it would not allow me to take the very necessary pain killers I would need simply because of this invasive surgery. I called my addiction doctor and asked her how quickly I could stop taking the meds and what it would do to me. She told me that I would need about 2 days to get the Subutex out of my system before I could take full advantage of the narcotic pain medication and told me that I could probably transfer my dependence on the Subutex meds to the narcotics I had started to take a day after my last dose. I understood that I would likely become dependence on the opiates and would have to transfer back to the Subutex once my pain was under control. I never experience any withdrawal symptoms from the Subutex despite the Pain Management doctor telling me that I would most likely experience some withdrawal.

I am now 2 months post surgery and am currenlty taking Percocet daily for pain and simply becuase I have grown dependent on them. I never want to be an drug abuser again and have no desire to abuse the perscribed Narcotics I have and have been weening myself off the pills for the past month. I was taking 80 mg a day (2-5mg pills every 3 hours as directed by doctor) and was on extended release morphin every 8 hours because the pain was so intense and now I am only taking about 10 mg of Percocet per day and have stopped taking the morphine. I hate that the pills contol me in many ways. If I dont take a dosage every 8 hours, I feel awful. I can believe I am back in a situation where I am dependent on a narcotic when Subutex seemed to have gotten my problem kicked.

I had heard that getting off of Subutex or Suboxone was difficult but as my doctor told me, you have to do it very gradually and over an extended perior of time. She recomends taking 1/2 pill less each day for the first month and then going down another 1/2 pill the 2nd month, another 1/2 the 3rd month and so on until you no longer need the meds. One painfull lesson I have learned is to NEVER, NEVER inject Subutex because even though I was meticulous about cleaning the injection site with alcohol and using new needles, I still introduced something tha nearly killed me into my body which I am still being treated for. I was on the Antibiotic of "last resort", Vanomycin which can only be taken via IV infusion for 8 weeks and will have to take oral antibiotics for a year. Not to menion the 12" scar on my back and the pain and disruption to my life it has caused.

I refuse to go back on the Subutex and will continue to ween myself off the Percoset over the next couple of weeks until I no longer need the medication on a regular basis. I would rather deal with the pain I still have post surgery then have to deal with the highs and lows of Narcotic addiction. For anyone who is injecting Subutex or even Suboxone, BE AWARE!! I had No idea that this could happen to me and it has changed my life forever.

Im currently using suboxone to get over my OC and Heroin withdraw and honestly the best thing for you to do is come clean to your parents, and using a drug to cure addiction from another drug is never smart. GET HELP and look through the drug.

Tramadol is a devil pill. Withdrawals are excruciating. I know first hand. I wanted to just die. Please be careful with those.

Sub is the worst to get off of. Its great if you're an addict. It clears thing up. But when its time to get off of Suboxone, It's very difficult. My doctor is trying to taper me off in four months. It's not wonder people start self medicating. The anxiety is really bad. Mt doctor wont help me with it. What do I do?