MY COUSIN,WHO IS 50 YRS OLD,WOMAN,POST MENOPAUSAL,, HAD SEVERAL BLOOD TESTS FOR WBC,, ALL TESTS SHOWED HIGH WBC,,,, RANGING FROM 89000 UP TO 59000,,,,SO WHEN YOU SAY THE NORMAL RANGE IS FROM 6000 TO 11000 ,,, WHAT DOES HER WBC COUNT SUGGEST ? CANCER ? LEUKAEMIA ?

Well,

Usually when a person has high white blood cells it means that there is some sort of disease in the body which the body is trying to fight. She really has a high amount of white blood cells in her blood. This condition is also called leukocytosis. There are a lot of diseases that could have caused her to have this problem. Leukemia is definitely an option but I think that she needs to do more test in order to be certain what is the main reason behind her high white blood cells. Leukemia is a type of cancer so the thing that you are asking is the same thing. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,

Nelie

Hey guys. I am also interested in this topic because I have a relative that has the same issue. But in his case, high white blood cells count was an indicator of allergy he didn't even know he had. So, I would suggest you go and consult someone who is a specialist in that field, because it can turn out to be nothing harmful or serious, but it also could mean that you are suffering from something such as leukemia. Do all the tests, and make sure you do it in a restricted time limit, because otherwise, it could develop.