What is myeloid sarcoma? Is that some kind of tumor? My father has been diagnosed with myeloid sarcoma. I don’t know anything about it. He is 74 years old and he already suffers from chronic myeloproliferative disorder. Are those too conditions relate?

Yes, it is an extramedullary myeloid tumor. Myeloid sarcoma can occur in one of three clinical settings: in patients who have a history of acute myeloid leukemia during active disease or a recurrence; in patients with chronic myeloproliferative disorder or myelodysplastic syndromes, who are at increased risk of blast transformation or acute leukemia; or in patients with no history of hematologic disease.

Well,
As much as I know myeloid sarcoma is a solid tumor composed of immature white blood cells. I think that this condition is very rare and it is interesting that your father has this condition. I know that this condition often happens in the skin and in the gums. Where does your father have his condition? Also this can occur in small intestine, lungs, epidural sites and in the orbit of the eye. I think that he will benefit from chemotherapy, local treatment such as surgery or radiation therapy. As you can see this is treatable so talk to his doctor about the best procedure for him. I hope that this helped you in any way.
All the best,
Nelie