I have recently been discharged from the hospital. I contracted E-coli 0157. The symptoms started showing up on September 27, 06. I am 26 weeks pregnant. I spent 7 days in the hospital. Oct 1, - Oct 7th. I have been experencing severe body aches, as if I have been in a car wreck, or the Flu. I have a very painful backache below my ribs. I am having bad headaches. I feel like there is an electrical pulse that goes off in my brain two to three times a day. As if I'm getting shocked. And the last two days I have had a low grade fever. Around 100 degrees. I was on Flagyl 500mg three times a day. I have finished the bottle. I have been taking Tylonal Extra strength every four hours for the pain. Which only takes the edge off. All I drink is Gatorade all day long. I feel like I'm doing everything right to be getting better. But eveyday seems to get worse and more painful then the last. I feel as if my whole body is shutting down on me. My hips and legs hurt me so bad I can hardly walk. I was wondering if my symptoms are normal for someone who is recovering form E-coli 0157. The baby seems to be doing fine. He moves regularly and is strong. But is there a chance that this could effect him?

I think only a doctor can really answer these questions. Did you ask your doctor that cared for you in the hospital? If not and you are unsure and still feel worse please goto you obgyn and discuss this with him. You could very well need more medicine or it may be the way you are supposed to feel. I have never had E-coli so this is hard to answer.