My daughter has a urinary infection that has been caused by an e coli bacteria that is very resistant to most antibiotics. Doctor says the most common cause of this is intercourse. Would this be anal intercourse followed by vaginal intercourse....or what would initiate this type of infection? Thanks!

Intercourse can defintely cause this, though any sort of contamination in the vagina can also cause bacterial vaginitis. So what you suggested could lead to it, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Have you talked to your daughter about her sexual practices?

Hello there,

I can see that you are worried because of your daughters health and as a father you have right to be. But it is very wrong to assume the worst and not talk to her about this. Sometimes doctors can lead us to certain conclusions but when they do this if they are not sure about the right cause of the condition they are just guessing.

So, if you are suspecting that your daughter is practicing unsafe anal and vaginal sex you should talk to her about this. Try to include her mother into this conversation as well because she could be very embarrassed to tell the truth only to you.

Afterwards you can try to suggest to her to practice safe sex in the future because she can see by herself the consequences of unsafe sex.