I am 26 years old. My period has been irregular since it started when I was in the fourth grade. I have two beautiful kids, but I have noticed in the past three years that I am skipping months of my period. I experience tenderness in my breast and have mood swings. I have taken home pregnancy test and they are all negative. Could I be experiencing early menapause? Should I be concerned?

Hello! It is way too early for you to experience an early menopause unless you had hysterectomy done and removed all your genital organs.

I would rather say you suffer from hormonal imbalance that can influence periods, and mood and excessive estrogen can also make your breasts tender.

Another possible reason Is that you have developed ovarian cysts that could be functional and often harmless but could interfere with your periods but you could also experience ovarian cysts due to a metabolic disorder called polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you suffer from this disorder you may also suffer from weigh gain or already be overweight or obese, may develop excessive hair growth, experience pelvic pain during periods or sexual activity, etc

There are many other possible reasons you may be having these symptoms? Have you started or stopped taking birth control pills recently? Have you checked your thyroid hormones? Low thyroid can cause menstrual absence, moodiness, and a whole bunch of other problems.

I would advice you to see a doc and have some tests done too see if anything’s wrong.

:? :? im 33 and trying desperatly to get pregnant, in the past have had 4 miscarriages and 1 healthy baby, this year told have ms, and have started to have very heavy periods (floods) ithought were miscarriages.
Am i near to menapause? or are these floods making harder for me to conceive? help!!!!