hey everyone
i have a question ...i havent had a period in about 10 months. I went to my doctor and she said it was my weight but i am not that "fat" so i dont think its my weight and she is just lazy . oh and btw i am only 18 years old and i am a virgin so i have no clue what could be wrong ...if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Hi there! You didn’t say how much you weighed or if your doctor performed any tests.
If she only looked at you and said lose weight and things will get better, than it would be unprofessional but if she did perform certain tests and they showed nothing, then your weight could be to blame.

There are different things that could be causing secondary amenorrhea (lose of periods). Tests like blood work, pelvic examination, an ultrasound could be performed to realize if something was going on.

For example, a woman can stop having periods if she loses or gains a lot of pounds, has excess activity, or is under a lot of stress. Certain drugs could be causing the disorder.

Hormonal imbalance is one of the common reasons of secondary amenorrhea. In a condition called polycystic ovary disease (PCOS), there is an increased androgen production which then produces high LH levels and low FSH levels, and the follicles don’t produce a mature egg. This leads to formation of cysts in the ovaries that could grow to a size of a grapefruit. When ovulation doesn’t occur, estrogen is at the normal levels but there is no progesterone. Women who suffer from PCOS can have problems with obesity, excessive facial hair, acne and many of them are type 2 diabetics.

Other possible reasons of include secondary amenorrhea are thyroid problems, tumors of the ovaries or adrenal glands and different types of cysts.

You are not in menopause, but you should be evaluated.

I am curious about that to im turninig 15 dec 22 and havent had my period since november22-29 and i have told my mom to make me an appoitment and she still hasnt im 5'6 and weigh 115 to 120 i stay varied but i am terified i had started august the 22 and went like that from the next few months then bam gone and now my discharge is a funky color also i neeed information