:-( I think I am starting to go through the menapause. I have seen my doctor who told me to go through it naturally. I have night sweats, day sweats, headaches, mood swings, discomfort on intercourse, itchty scalp. I work shifts so the sweats are tiring and frequent. My periods seem to have stopped and I'm gaining weight and have water retention. Should I insist on HRT as I am finding it all a bit too much?

Menopause Program Menopause is not a disease. It is a cessation of the monthly female menstrual cycle. Due to the changes in hormonal cycles women can experience hot flashes, decreased sex drive, depression, anxiety or insomnia. Reducing stress is critical to reducing the symptoms. Optimum nutrition may provide asafe and effective alternative to hormone replacement therapyduring the challenging years of menopause and beyond. It's very difficult to get all of the required nutrients from diet alone. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use