Hi all. I’m in my mid 50s and have been experiencing severe nausea for the last few weeks. Also, during that period, once in a while, I experienced hot flashes and sudden mood swings. I know that menapause is normal period of a woman’s life but shouldn’t it come later?? Is it possible that I’m there?? What are the menapause symptoms?? Thanks for your input.

Well, I really can’t tell you if you indeed reached that stage of your life, but it is not uncommon to happen in the age you’re in. Anyway, here is the list of some 30 symptoms of menopause – see if you have more of them. If you do... well, you know what that would mean... So, the symptoms are:
- Hot and/or cold flashes, flushes, clammy feeling
- Bouts of rapid heart beat
- Irritability
- Mood swings
- Trouble sleeping
- Irregular periods (shorter, lighter or heavier, shorter or longer cycles)
- Loss of libido
- Dry vagina
- Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
- Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
- Difficulty concentrating
- Disorientation, mental confusion
- Disturbing memory lapses
- Incontinence, especially upon sneezing or laughing
- Itchy and/or crawly skin
- Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
- Breast tenderness
- Increased tension in muscles
- Headache change (increase or decrease from a common ones)
- Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
- Sudden bouts of bloat
- Increase in allergies
- Depression
- Weight gain
- Hair loss or thinning
- Increase in facial hair
- Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
- Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
- Tingling in the extremities
- Gum problems
- Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
- Osteoporosis
- Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
- Ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing' buzzing and similar

Well, I have almost every one of those symptoms, and I'm only 36... That can't be a good sign, can it?

What is going on? I am 35 and Have quite a few of these syptoms o.O

I am so glad I read your comments. I have been having some of the symtoms expressed previously. Lately I am having a difficult time being able to express myself without stopping to think of what I was going to say. It is very embarrasing sometimes. Do you think this is temporary or will it continue to increase. Is there anything I can do or take to help cope before it drives me crazy?

Well lets see , I have had all of these symptoms except a few since I had a stroke at the age of 34. I am currently 41 and been told I am too young to be going through menapause. Could it be possible that my stroke triggered me going through it sooner than most ?I know I cant stand it ...I wake up sweating all night long , I feel like I have dementia sometimes . My brain dead as I call it . Im confused all the time and can never remember anything these days . I feel retarded.

I'm 45 and have most of the symptoms listed. Just for good measure I also have rapid heartbeat, adrendaline rushes, eyes & ears pulse in rythym with my heartbeat........has anyone else experienced these symptoms??? %-)

I am 37 years old and just got tested for a whole bunch of different things that would relate to menopause. They say its not uncommon to start menopause in your 30 or 40s.