I swear I wasn't going to do root canal or menapause!!. Unfortunately, my visit to the doctor proved completely otherwise. I had my last period… let me see… 6 months ago – nothing afterwards. Not even a single hint. My hormone test was in the normal. I get some hot spells at night but none of them are uncomfortable. My question is: I get nausea about 2 - 3 times a day. What’s up with that? Sometimes I feel a little bloated and mt abdomen feels sensative like period feeling. Can you tell me weather that is normal for menapause. Due to some other family diseases my Dr. says I'm not a candidate for HRT. I do take calcium and vitamins and I also drink soy almost every day. Anyone else have same issues??? Thanks in advance..

I have had nausea problems for several years. Moreover, I noticed that problems occur in periods – sometimes I have them and then, after some while, all trouble disappears for a while. I believe that most of the times I had problems it was caused by anxiety. As far as I know, anxiety very often can be caused by some of the perimenopause symptoms.

There were cases when I get the nausea several times a day and sometimes it just stays for days or weeks. I used ginger tea very often to settle the stomach and in the cases when it gets really bad I would take a gravol. If it is anxiety related I used Ativan (lorazepan) and termazapan but that wasn’t so often

I certainly know how you feel as nausea is not a pleasant symptom. I really hate it whenever it comes back. It sounds like you are getting it around the time you would normally get a period even though you aren't having them anymore.

I don't know if any of this will help you but at least now you know that you are not alone. Take good care and hope it gets better for you.

Hi, Coty and thanks for the reply. Yes, you are true - I have some anxiety from time to time. And, just like you, most of my life i would get nausea when stressed. You may have touched on somthing here and maybe I'm just more anxious now. Thanks, the more I think about it, this menpause thing is constantly on my mind. For mw, it just happened over night, and I really was not ready for it. Anyway, thanks a lot - it sure feels good knowing I'm not alone.........

I am a 45 year old and I'm not sure weather I am in menopause or not? I haven't had a period in 3 months, but I do have nausea quite often. The irritability is one of the worst symptoms I have. I also have really severe breast tenderness - my breasts hurt and itch. Also, almost every month I feel like I'm going to start my period and then I don't... Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? Am I in menopause or not??? Should I go to the Doctor or should I wait???

I sometimes have my period six months later or three months later. I haven't had a period in two months. I feel naseau sometimes. I also feel bloated. I don't have any kids so I wouldn't know what it feels like to have any. I don't know when I ovulate. I need some reel help. I am thirty years of age. I swell and I also have abnormal pains. I don't know when my next period will come, because since I was twelve they have always been irregular.

Is this menopause? I'm only 42 and always was told that menopause is something women get in their 50's. I have no children. I don't sweat but get very warm and my face feels very hot (alot at night). I am healthy w/no health issues and have always had regular periods every 28 days. Then in the past year my periods first got "heavier" and appeared more "clottier". Then, 3 months ago my period began light for 2 days and then I had HEAVY bleeding on the 3rd day. That period lasted 2 days longer. Last month I was early...then this month for the first time I didn't have a period at all. I feel very bloated and swollen in the abdominal area & breasts. This is the first time I haven't menstrated. I had 2 days where I felt "sea sick" which is very wierd. The last year & early this year my doctor did "hormone tests" that always came back normal. I am not pregnant but my husband and I have been under alot of stress re: relocation, job change and sick parents. I would describe my "moods" as very irratible in the last year. Which frustrates me because I'm an upbeat person. This month (no period) I felt the most normal in a long time re: no irratibility. Can anyone offer advice re: should I go to dr? What do I do? Thanks.

hi..I am 43 and I am post-menapausal!!!!..I had a period in November and now here it is January and I had blood work done cuz I really did not feel like myself..I have hot flashes no sweating...I am soooo mean, and then I cry at times for no reason at all...feel like I have lost my mind...then I go to the DR and I insist for him to do a hormonal check and it came back ...post menapausal...and I just had a period 2 months ago...how can this be?...I am going for other tests..one where they put water in my uterus so they can take a better xray...little scared over that one..I have joint pain like you would not believe...going for a bone density test too...when I think about it I have been peri-menapausal for years..just always thought it was just symptoms of my period coming...wrong!...I dont know if I will get a period again...cuz technically I am not suppose to bleed at all now..I am gonna exercise more and see if that helps with the hotflashes and the no sleep stuff...anyone has anything like this happen to them?...Debbie

Hello ladies...I am 42 and in menapause. I have had hot flashes, night sweats, achy joints, horrible memory recall, WEIGHT GAIN, FATIGUE, bouts of feeling very low and overwelmed and no period to speak of since October. Thankfully the hot flashes and night sweats have turned into just occasional "warm waves". I just started on low dose Hrt and a mild depression med. Things are seeming better already. Now if I could just find my body and my energy, the rest will be okay. I am reading a really GREAT book...The Wisdom of Menapause by Christiane Northrup, M.D. It is informative and totally in sync with women at this time in their lives on a physical and emotional level. I know that things are out of wack during this change, but I am looking forward to the second half of my life with a whole new attitude...it's my turn again! Good luck ladies.

Hi, i am 51. i have the hot flashes,night and day sweats, nausa, irritability,fatigue,and joint pain. I missed my period for three months, then i had a period three times in one months. Will somebody please help me. Sex has not been enjoyable, it ends up in a bloody battle.

Hello, I understand how you feel. I am 50 years old and very confused about what my body is going through. The last time I had my period was 1 month ago, this is my first month experiencing a mised period. I took a pregnancy test twice because I though maybe I could be pregnant. The tests came out negative. Thankgod ! I do feel like I am bloated in the stomach. Luckly I am not experiencing any other symptoms yet. I eat right and exersize 5 days a week. What's happening ? What does this mean ? I am thinking about getting a blood test to check my hormone level. Is this only in my head ? Please help ! Thanks.

Hi, I am 51 years old and have been going thru hot flashes and night sweats since I was in my early 40s and I haven't had a period since I was 43 years old. I still get the hot flashes, no energy and I still work 45 to 50 hours a week. I thought once my period stopped I would be over it and things would get back to normal, but guess what mother nature has other plans I guess. I often wonder when will this be over.

i know how each of you feel im 51 no period for almost 2 years im irratable,hot flashes.forgetfullness,which drives my family crazy moody was really concerned about getting pregnant my dr recommended hormone test and im in menapause test result clear off the chart still sometimes get cramps like i did when period was getting to start 8-|

I have been in menopause since 2005 when my fallopian tube ruptured at 8 weeks pregnant forcing a hysterectomy. I had to finally get on a very low dose of estradiol and it helped a lot. I had acid reflux a lot until I started the alkaline diet, heartburn and bloating completely stopped within two days.

hi ladies iam 42 going on 43 and i am experiening soarness in my breast and bloating in mystomach i am wanderin if im pregnant i have three other children 18,12.6 do you think its still possible

Hi bliss, I'm 45 and having the same problems, I havent had a period since january of 2012 and it's the middle of may. My dr said it's probably meniopause. I can have cramps, tenderness in the breast, grumpy.....,,,LOL but it never comes anymore. my breasts do hurt and itch as well. I think we're both in perimenopause. Just try not to worry about it, trust me, it will come. I've been doing this for 2 yrs now, get a period then another 4months later wham. it hasnt been regular since i was 42.