Just found out I am preganant by taking over-the-counter urine test last week. This week started experiencing upper central abdominal pain and little in my back when sitting down. No spotting. Could this mean a miscarriage, tubal preganancy, or normal for hormones building? Concerned new mother-to-be.

i have pcos, polycystic ovarian cyst, with no cysts or insulin problems. i have been off my hormone therapy for about 6 months and been having my periods normally until last month where it only lasted only a day and this month i didnt have my period. i took a pregnancy test and it said negative but i still have all the early signs. my doctor apt is in three days and one thing im going to mention is that i have been having abdominal pain with no bleeding.

It does happen in very early pregnancy that you experience some level of abdominal discomfort or even cramping, similar to the one that happens sometimes during ovulation or stronger pms. This doesn’t have to mean anything when it comes down to miscarriage, tubal or ectopic pregnancy – it’s just your body adjusting to the new hormones and pregnancy. Some women even continue to experience period-like bleeding or spotting, even mild cramping even in pregnancy.

You will have to see ob-gyn at this point, sooner better than later, since you are experiencing discomfort. Ultrasound and examination will tell the doctor what exactly is going on and if everything is all right with both you and your baby. Hopefully, everything will be ok.