Hi, I'm a 41 year old male with Hodgkin's lymphoma{lymphocytic rich) stage 2a. i would like to know if I can take MDMA/Ecstasy in the ABVD chemotherapy I'm receiving?
Thanks

I think it would be a good idea if you did not take recreational drugs while you are receiving chemotherapy. Mostly I think the issue here is that there have been no studies on drug interactions with MDMA and chemotherapy drugs, so you might actually cause an interaction. I'm not sure if that's a risk I'd want to take so I wouldn't do it. Ultimately it's up to you, but just bear in mind that it is a risk.

yo, im doing abvd for HL, Im stage 4 and treatment is going well, i smoke weed every day (mainly for pain and to help me eat) at least 3 or 4 times, after New Year My mate had a bit of a pill left and i decided to do a rail with him, i found things to be perfectly fine, and i was on morphine and tramadol at the time as well. Just don't go crazy and maybe stay off the hard drugs like Meth coke and H and you should be ok, remember you can always ask your doctor and it will be completely confidential. hopefully you will be in remission soon and won't have to deal with this c**p anymore.

Look after yourself
CJ

No i would not take it.

I have had Hodgkins Lymphoma.

You should be aware the chemotherapy destroys your white blood cells/neutrophil thus making you more prone to infection.

Ecstasy itself also lowers your immune system, thus if you take this when your white blood cells/neutophil is already low you are at serious risk of picking up an infection and thus killing yourself.

I developed a throat infection during my chemotherapy and had to spend 5 days in hospital during which time antibiotics were pumped into me as my body had no means to fight the infection.

My treatment is every 4 weeks so i do small amounts when my system has recovered usually after 3-4 week,i never got sick and my treatment is going well as can be expected with small cell.Small amounts helps me deal with my unknow future infact i'm going to ask palliative care if i can get some from them.