My dad has lung cancer and he was hospitalized for the surgery and now is about to start chemotherapy combined with radiation therapy but another doc says that he would rather recommend either chemotherapy or radiation. My dad is already exhausted and if it is up to him he would only be having chemotherapy or radiation and I wonder what would be the best choice-chemo or radiation or both?

The chemo and radiation when combined brings about the best result though usually after lung cancer surgery the radiation is more common. I don't know what are your dad's prognosis and of what stage his cancer is but my dad died from lung cancer and we knew that was the only opt for him but despite this we along with him decided to have both chemotherapy and radiation therapy and it has prolonged his life for more than six months but my dad had lung cancer stage 4 so I think it is always better having both chemotherapy and radiation especially when it is not that much severe form of cancer about for when the chemo is done the chances for cancer to return are much less.