I had an EEG yesterday - half way through the EEG both hands started to be very painful and unendurable.

I feel weird and unwell today - why?

The EEG was done because of continues headache, bad neckache and pains in my right arm - starting in my shoulderblades.

Please let me know if anyone experienced the same side effect and why.
In anticipation.

M Macdonald

The doctors say there are no side effects from an EEG but from what I read on web about other people experiences there are side effects, and not negligeable!
I have just passed an EEG for a sinusitis. I felt very uncomfortable, I was irritated during the process. After it, I had diarrhea, pain in my ovaries and in my legs and am still VERY irritated three days after.
I think the doctors should take these into consideration and to warn patients. I find they lack professionalism by not doing so.

i had an eeg yesterday came home and basically passed out when i woke up my lower back and legs were killing me, today same thing my legs are really hurting.

After having this procedure done, though the procedure was somewhat comfortable (?) I told my husband I thought the test "stirred thing up" and I felt miserable for a couple days.
Fortunately it did end after a couple days.

I had an EEG yesterday to rule out myoclonal seizures. I have fibromyalgia also. On the way back to the parking lot, I noticed that my knees were really burning. When I got to my car, I went to rub my knees and found that they were extremely hot to the touch. The leg areas above and below my knee were cool. Despite the A/C hitting directly on them for the ride home, they continued to feel hot until my massage therapist worked on the muscles surrounding my knees. She had never heard of this type of reaction either. Any ideas on what might have caused this?

I"m not sure that what happened to you was related to the EEG but that is very unusual. More than likely you had some sort of circulation issue there for a bit, but that's speculation. Did you call your doctor about it?

Just had an EEG.  Within hours of hooking me up I began to feel lose of balance then went into a tremor for over 1/3 hour.  Fatigue, confusion and overall malaise.  After 24 hours the electrodes were removed.  I contiued to feel out of sorts, vomiting and diahrea.

I have been having QEEG treatments for about six weeks now.   Only side effects are some irriabity and very tired.   The doctor told me ahead of time that this might happen.   It goes away in between treatments.   I usually have three treatments a week.  I have various reasons for the QEEG treatments, too many to mention here and too soon to know if it is working.   I get remapped in a few weeks.   Then we'll know more

The day after my sleep deprived EEG I had a seizure. I have had three seizures in the last two years. I have wondered if the test could of caused this to happen. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

Went for my first EEG today. Come home with a massive headache that seemed to never want to go away... Felt as if I was off a bit... Like things were stirred up. Idk

I've Also Experienced The Same Effect As You the Pain Is Very overwhelming. I Hope Its Not A Huge Deal and I Hope U Feel Better

What were your results? Normal or abnormal?

I had an EEG 2 weeks ago. Every since I have had it I have had a massive headache that won't go away. I also have nassea and vomiting. Is that caused by the EEG?

My daughter has this! She has been diagnosed with EVENTS, then seizures and then they just don't know! Anyway, her knees do this! One or both can do it and they are hot to the touch! Hers gradually come on and gradually leave. And, she can have cheeks, one or both hands and one or both feet too. It starts at toes or fingers and spreads across the foot or hand. The cheeks looks like she has been slapped and the knees are crazy! It is an area, often like a round circle and it is most obvious to look at as it is red and HOT and the rest of her leg is NOT! So, like one time she can have both knees and nothing else and next time all areas etc. And, no, she does not always or even most of the time have an obvious EVENT when this happens... But can preclude one or a just a "whatever" for her! No answers yet! FRUSTRATING! Anyway, I have studied this some and there is a heat reaction that mimics this. She also tends to get the knees, hands the same reaction in bath off and on too. Possibly, you both are more flushed and/or body reactions of heat? Her worst seizure she broke out on temples and by the time at hospital it was all over and only time it was on stomach. This was red and angry looking and they called me over to look. Then she was airlifted! Hope you get answers! Take care!

I have headaches accompanying a EEG, I have them done yearly ( I build immunity to medications quickly). What a lot of you are reporting after a EEG you need to address to your Neurologist, whether it was just electrode or cap and electrode. This needs to be recorded. Headaches (depending on severity) can cause a lot of your symptoms. As for the pain in your extremities again speak to your Doctor. And note.... dont find ways to make your medical situation worse, help to make it better. There is no shock or physical harm that is "sent" to your body. You are not tazed or electrocuted but the machine.