I am asked to provide some EEG results for my doc is suspecting on encephalitis for the symptoms I have recently-dizziness, headache, seizures but also sudden fever accompanied with nausea and vomiting and lately my fontanels were bulging. Besides that I also have frequent herpes problem-little red blisters around my mouth and my doc says that maybe herpes virus has attacked my brain and that is why he needs these EEG results now. Anyway I am scheduled for EEG test tomorrow and am curious how it looks alike and what is the treatment in case my EEG results turn out to be abnormal? Thanks much!

EEG – electroenchephalography and that is how your brain is going to be tested tomorrow by measuring its electrical activity waves and it takes about 1 hour or less and some electrodes are being attached to your head or precisely scalp. Anyway those electrodes picks up the electrical impulses from your brain sending them to the EEG machine so if it records abnormal EEG results of your brain waves it might be that you have enchephalititis especially regarding your symptoms and frequent herpes infections which are actually caused by virus that could be easily spread into your brain causing its serious infection also. Usually whenever comes to encephalitis no treatment is prescribed for it is viral origin but if it is caused by herpes viral infection than you nay be prescribed some antiviral drug such as Zovirax and if you are hospitalized this med is being given intravenously.