My daughter ,16, was having extremely severe headaches, seeing spots, and had nausea 5 days ago. She had a similar headache before and the doc prescribed some imbitex in case it was a migraine. She took this but It didn't even phase her. We called the doctor and she recommend going to the er. They gave her Ivs with headache medicine to try to take the pain away but the medicine dropped her blood pressure and only helped a little bit and the er docs weren't sure what was causing the headaches. 5 days later her head is still hurting, she doesn't want to eat much, and she feels lightheaded often. Anyone have any suggestions about what is causing her headaches. She said the initial headaches felt like her brain was being squeezed and now sometimes the headaches feel like that but less intense and sometimes they are just dull headaches.

when all else fails, get a CAT Scan. that is the olny for sure way to tell, simply ti make sure there are  no abnormalities in the brain

I suggest an MRI. Cat scans use alot of radiation and are very bad for you. MRIs are the ones most commonly used for looking at the brain. Have you tried any anxiety meds? I personally have gone about 3 months of feeling ill. I was very nausous, always felt dizzy and lightheaded, i get headaches, sometimes my head feels tingly or like it bleeding, I recenly also developed chronic diarreah. I did some researching and i think i might be suffering from anxiety. Although i dont necessarly feel anxious about anything, my symptoms seem to fit the description. I also have an appointment with a cardiologist. along eith my other symptoms ive had chest pains. I am going to be checked to make sure that i dont have cardiovascular disease. That can cause the nausea, dizziness, and the lighheadedness.

I had the same problem years ago. Had MRI. Diagnosis was migraine equivalent headaches. They saw them on the MRI because at the time I was having one. The neurologist gave me a prescription for Children's Chewable Aspirin. I took it for almost a year. I had to take 2 every 4 hours. Haven't had any headaches since. The reason for the children's aspirin was because she said it was a direct hit and disolved quickly. It worked.

This might not be very nice, but marijuana cures headaches. And the nausea and the appetite. The dull headache could be due to depression, and pills prescribed by your physician can help.