I had such a headache yesterday I couldn’t believe it. It was such pulsating strong pain followed by nausea and vomiting, but before it all has started I had some light flashes in front of my eyes. I took an aspirin for I keep it in home but it hasn’t reduced my headache or was this migraine, who knows. I wonder what have caused it and I’d like to know how to prevent it if it attacks me again? Thx.

What you’ve experienced yesterday was a migraine, or to be more precise common type of a migraine that are also known as migraines with aura. I know for I have them either though I must admit it has been quite some time that no migraines crossed my way lately and I probably owe it to the prevention medical therapy I take whenever I feel migraines is coming. So actually whenever you start having these strange feeling of fleshing in front of your eyes or have some colorful lightness it means your migraines is probably coming. So you better visit a doc and tell him about your condition yesterday for I bet it was a migraine and you better try to prevent it next time for there’s no reason to suffer from migraines nowdays with so good migraines medical treatment around. And you said you’ve had migraine for the first time yesterday? If so try to remember what you’ve been eating (or you missed a few meals for this also may trigger a migraine) for in some people too much of coffee, cheese, chocolate or alcohol may provoke migraine or maybe you were under some stress for all these may be reason of migraine.