I was wondering something. We have all heard about lupus. But we know very little about this disease. I would like to know its effects on the body. I know that skin and kidneys are most often affected. I would like to know if there is some other organ affected as well. I think my friend mentioned something about joints, but he was not sure. Thanks in advance.

Lupus erythematosus is autoimmune disease of connective tissue. It means that immune cells cannot recognize its own cells and attack them. Those cells that are attacked usually belong to connective tissue. Usually, it affects skin, kidneys and joint. Those would be most often localisations of the disease. If it is discovered in time and managed properly, it can have a good prognosis. However, it is a serious disease. Patients should be aware of that fact and act in that way. You can consult an expert for more details.