i had unprotected sex and i'm only 15 years old. im afraid to get pregnant, can i use trust pills or nordette pills as an ECP? . . what are the side effects of it regarding my age?

Hi Guest,

No.  Norette and Trust are daily contraceptives, not emergency contraceptives.

An emergency contraceptive, Ipill, Plan B, etc., are more effective.  They are most effective taken within 72 hours of having sex.

Good luck.

will you please give me examples of ECP's i can take regarding my age. and what are its side effects? . . ECP"s that are good within five days.. and for example i missed my period how can i have a natural miscarriage>

The Ipill, Plan B, and Next Choice are emergency contraceptives.

Very few ECP's are good at five days. You can take them but the effectiveness is poor. Why? Because it is to late for them to be effective. If you were going to get pregnant the egg is likely already fertilized and it may have already implanted. Once that happens the ECP won't do anything. It prevents pregnancy, it does not terminate it.

You can't safely induce a miscarriage either. You risk YOUR health and you could end up causing severe injuries to the fetus - if you are pregnant - and yet still deliver it alive. Besides, you DO NOT KNOW if you are pregnant yet.

Take an ECP. Possible side effects include, sore breasts, an early or late period, your period being heavier or lighter than normal, cramping, spotting, nausea, and more. At this point there is really nothing else you can do.

What about ellaOne? I've taken it twice before and it has worked both times - it can be used up to 120 hours (5 days) - I've taken it at 2/3 days and gotten my period. I experienced little side effects, just sore breasts and I took it last month and my period came exactly on time!

I used it as well, but I have never used it after five days because I was way too scared that I will get pregnant on emergency contraceptive if I take it after three, four or five days. I think that in the pharmacy store they told me that I can use it after five days but that they might work after that long time...So I took it immediately and everything was ok. True, my period was a little bit heavier than usual but nothing that weird that I should be scared about. So, based on this, I also didn't have some serious side -effects when it comes to those pills and I would recommend them to everyone. But of course, just in case of the emergency. 

what kind of ECP is good for a 15 year old like me?
and drinking vitamin C 12g of intake each day can cause miscarriage,true?

The effectiveness of ANY emergency contraceptive decreases rapidly after about 3 days.  No ECP is as effective as daily birth control - or even a properly used condom.

There are lots of brands but most contain the same medications.

Gee, trying to induce a miscarriage can lead to severe damage to the fetus - and you may deliver it, alive, and needing care 24 hours a day.

Use birth control BEFORE you have sex.

how many percent is the chance of getting pregnant when the boy penetrates his penis inside after ejaculating on the outside of the vagina?... is there an alternative for the morning after pill to reduce the risk of pregnancy after having sex?

If he's already ejaculated and THEN puts his penis into your vagina, he may as well have ejaculated in you. There would be sperm in his penis, in the urethra. When he enters it will be squeezed into your vagina.

Chances could be as high as 1 in 5 that you'd get pregnant. It all depends IF sperm got into your vagina and where you are in your cycle.

my ovulation is already finished.. so is there a chance?

When did you ovulate?

i think twas october 27

can i use misoprostol or cytotec to have miscarriage early ?

When did you have sex? Sorry, I forget.

Inducing a miscarriage, or attempting, is dangerous for you and the fetus - if you are pregnant which you don't know yet. You could deliver a severely handicapped child that requires long term care and you could even die.