i had sex with my love on 11/12/13 at about 1 pm which was a day before the starting of my period. 12/12/13 was the supposed start day of my period as i have a cycle of 28 days and did not arrive by 14th morning & so i took the unwanted 72 at 11:15 am on 14/12/13 i.e at 71st hr after sex. i m still waiting for my periods,its 18/12/13 and the period yet not arrived. My periods are delayed by about 1 week i m seriosly getting tensed now,my period got delayed one or two times before but maximum of two days and 1 week is too much. m really tensed..please take it seriously & help me out, please suggest me about what should i do???

Hi Cutie,

It is very unlikely you'd get pregnant having sex the day before you expected your period - emergency contraceptive or not.  You are near your lowest fertility and the egg isn't viable.

A common side effect of an ecp is that your next FEW periods can be early or late and heavier or lighter than normal.

Did you have sex earlier in the month?  You can take a home test since you are late.

thanku so much for ur suggestions but m really worried(can't understand what to do)..yeah,i had it for the first time in september,2013.it was totally protected but that time also i took an ecp(just for satisfaction).i got my periods after 5 days of having pill and the period cycle was normal from october to december...but this time no periods are there even after the 5 days of taking pill... :(

Cutie,
The side effects vary depending upon when in your cycle you took the pill. You DO NOT have to have a period within so many days of taking the pill. It can make them early or late.

Often, there are no signs of the ecp doing ANYTHING.

ok..so what do u think??should i wait for my periods calmly?or should try something else??

also today in morning when i got up,my throat was really paining too much and by afternoon i got dry cough,can u plz tell me whether it is any symptom of preg or its just because of cold???

ok..can u please tell me whether i should wait calmly for my period or not??
actually today in morning when i got up,i had a severe pain in my throat and by afternoon i got dry cough..is it a symptom of preg... or just because of cold?

Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.

Wait for your period. Again, it is unlikely you'd get pregnant the day before you expected your period - even 10 days before it would be unlikely. You can sometimes just be late.

Have you had sex at other times this cycle? If not, it's unlikely you're pregnant.

Hang in there.

thanku for all ur suggestions and guidance..i have got my periods today in morning(it is on the 7th day after taking pill)..But m happy and relaxed now...

Thanks for the update Cutie.

I had open sex with my boyfriend before 1-2 days of my cycle, and then next day i took an ipill,,, today is 8th day and my bleeding didnot stop,,, why is it so?