I think my older brother-he is 42-is at a real loss for the alcoholic abuse he is on almost a decade. The thing is that our dad was an alcoholic and though I was young I know he died from liver cancer so I know that drinking too much alcohol might cause liver problems and I'd like to hear something more about it. The thing is that I have noticed that my brother's skin has become like yellowish and I am really afraid that he might be at a loss for getting some liver disease. Do you think so?

Well it is more likely that your brother is at risk of getting hepatitis C at first place and regarding the facts you have mentioned I may conclude that he is at a real loss of having the liver disease. He needs to stop abusing alcohol at first place I know it is hard quitting alcohol that sudden but try to talk to him reasonably he even might go into some rehab center if he is alcohol dependent. And if he has reached that stage than according also to his skin color he might be at risk of having hepatitis C. and this is not the worse thing here for the hepatitis C usually gradually develops into cirrhosis and thereafter the cirrhosis turns into liver cancer and at this point he might be at a real loss when the prognoses are not such good. So anyway he needs urgent help in form of medical control just to determine the proper diagnose and therefore the proper treatment.