Hi, had some liver problems and went for a CT scan. First it showed a liver lession and some time after that CT scan showed that I have tumor in the liver. To be more precise, I have primary hepatic carcinoma. My doctor has told me something about the treatment, and I know that liver cancer is fatal within 6 months of diagnosis. Anyway, I would like to hear some more.

Hi. Yeah, it all starts like some liver lessions and then you end up with hepatitis B, like me. It`s the primary hepatic cancer. I also have cirrhosis (that was the cause of my cancer). About the treatment, I know when you have a single metastatic lession, confined to one liver lobe, a surgical procedure may be indicated. But, the most of patients are not candidates for surgical excision (when tumor is un resectable). Something to live for is a newer procedure, called cryosurgical ablation. Gives some hope for long(er) term survival. Standard treatments include chemotherapy and hepatic artery ligation, in order to deprive metastatic lession of oxygen.