I have heard of people on dialysis stopping dialysis and now living a normal life with working kidneys?

Did their kidneys recover? or their kidneys were erroneously diagnosed to be in End Stage Kidney Disease, and their condition requiring dialysis for them to continue to live?

Are there researches ongoing to find cures for kidneys in End Stage Kidney Disease?

If not, really why not?

gerry

if you have esrd then you don't recover. The only ones that can recover are acute kidney failure patients. The only cure is to get a kidney transplant. Well unless you can find captain spock and ask for the kidney pill. ( fictional)

Hello there,

Since you have so many questions regarding this problem I can only presume that someone very close to you is suffering from this condition and if it is like that I am very sorry for that. End-stage kidney disease is a condition when the kidneys are no longer able to work and if they are not working properly we need best possible treatment. The most common causes of this condition are diabetes and high blood pressure.

Unfortunately the only treatment for end-stage kidney disease is dialysis or kidney transplantation. And there is no way that you can stop with dialysis and live as before. The only way this is possible is to have a kidney transplantation and even then you need some adjustment period.