Hi!
In a week I am having cervical epidural injection for c5c6 to avoid, if possible, surgery. I am having scheduled with ortho in 4 weeks (3 weeks after the epidural injections for c5c6). If the condition isn’t any better, he’ll schedule me for a surgery.
My question is: This injection will probably prevent any of my symptoms, so what if they come back – this means I am just postponing the inevitable surgery?! How will I know if I am truly better???

Hey!
You are soooo worried! I understand you- I was also there. But, do go with the flow... do the injection and then think ... with spine and health overall are things, that you have no impact on ... so, it is better to be optimistic than have dark thoughts and predictions.
To tell you the truth, I also had few epidural injections, but then it turned out that I need surgery anyway...maybe you’ll get more lucky : ) The first injection was a great success for me – I made a big impact on my neck and back movement! I went 1 year without another shot... the others unfortunately wasn’t ...so, I underwent surgery. And I feel much better now!!!
Do not worry that much...give those shots a try! You’ll have no side effects form them and maybe, just maybe they will help you avoid the surgery!
Best wishes and lots of good will to you!