I had an epidural injection in my spine in 2003, came home, passed out, went to hospital - said I was fine, sent me home, went in a state of confusion, imagining things that were not there, etc. Never had this before. Is it caused by epidural injection. As a result of above, was in hospital in intensive care for 5 days, and hospitalized for a week, sent to re-hab directly from hospital to learn to walk again. :'(

My mother (78 yr old) had this epidural steroid and had a lot of frigtening reactions and she was in the ER twice and in the hospital for almost two weeks. Her symthoms were disorientation, inability to walk, incoherence, dangerous levels of sodium, thyroid enlarment, very high blood pressure, headaches and dizziness. She almost died but GWUH saved her. They were great! she has been in theraphy to learn to walk and move again. She is almost back were she was before the epidural. Her doctor never consulted with her Family dr. if she was a good candidate for this treatment. I believe she also had a reaction the first time she had an epidural to have knee surgery, because that was the onset for all her leg problems, pains and all other problems she has now with her back and legs, etc. :'(