Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I would like to find out more possible reasons of my husband’s impotence. We have never had similar problems and this frightens me a bit. All problems with his erectile function started to show about a month ago and our sex life is terrible since then. When I asked him what could be the reason- he told me that he works a lot these days and that this is the only reason. He doesn’t want to talk about this as some serious problem. Please, I would like to find out what are the possible reasons of this erectile dysfunction and could it be from chronic tiredness like he told me. Should I be worried for some other reasons?

Hello. I'm 32 year old male and, to be honest with you, I had the same problems like your husband right now. I will tell you what I have found about it. By medical definition- erectile dysfunction, sometimes called impotence, is the repeated inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. There are many possible causes of erectile dysfunction but you could divide them on physical such as trauma, damage to nerves, arteries, smooth muscles, and fibrous tissues and psychological.
Your husband should also know that many common medicines- blood pressure drugs, antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, and cimetidine can produce erectile dysfunction as a side effect. If your husband excludes all these symptoms then psychotherapy and behavior modifications in selected patients are considered next.