My husband is 56 years old and he has been having problems with erection lately. I can see that he is severely depressed about it and I am worried that this could affect out marriage seriously. The thing is that he doesn’t what to talk about it and I don’t know what could be the cause of it. Anyone knows what are possible causes of erectile dysfunction?

In older men, erectile dysfunction usually has a physical cause, such as disease, injury, or side effects of drugs, so any disorder that causes injury to the nerves or impairs blood flow in the penis has the potential to cause ED. However, ED is treatable at any age, and awareness of this fact has been growing and more men have been seeking help and returning to normal sexual activity because of improved, successful treatments for ED. the most common causes of ED are diseases such as diabetes, kidney disease, chronic alcoholism, multiple sclerosis, atherosclerosis, vascular disease, and neurologic disease…. In addition, many common medicines, blood pressure drugs, antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, and cimetidine can produce ED as a side effect.