My husband has recently been through many physical problems, so I can understand his problem. He is unable to achieve an erection for very long, which affects our sexual life. I have a need to receive physical pleasure and do not want to have another man. I want to hear more about this problem, how he could maintain erection. Can you explain how it happens and what does it means when someone has problems to maintain erection.

Problem to maintain erection is common and I get used to answer these questions. First, I want to tell you that erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for his sexual needs or the needs of his partner. Most men experience this at some point in their lives, usually by age 40. Most of these cases are not psychologically affected by it. However, some men, experience chronic, complete erectile dysfunction or impotence, while others experience partial or brief erections. Frequent erectile dysfunction can cause emotional and relationship problems, and often leads to diminished self-esteem of man. Erectile dysfunction has many causes, most of which are treatable, so your husband should talk to his doctor. This problem can mean the inability to achieve erection, or the ability to achieve only brief erections. These various definitions make estimating the incidence of erectile dysfunction difficult for doctors. It would be the best for your husband to seek for medical advice and diagnosis, because each inability to maintain erection has its reasons.