My husband cannot achieve an erection during sex but he did ejaculate when I stimulated him orally. He no longer has nocturnal erections like he used to. Does he has erectile dysfunction?

Yes. Stress and chronic depression can cause this. Performance enhancing medications such as Viagra usually will solve the problem.

Erectile Dysfunction Some Facts And Possible Treatments

Erectile dysfunction is commonly occurring event for many men in many different age groups, although it is far more commonly occurring in men over the age of 65. If a man cannot achieve an erection for the purpose of having sexual intercourse or cannot maintain an erection for the duration of sexual intercourse and the final climax, he has what is known as erectile dysfunction or also commonly known as impotence. Contrary to popular rumors, erectile dysfunction does not necessarily always affect males over the age of 65. Often as a male gets older he requires more stimulation to achieve an erection, but this is not dysfunction - its just part of getting older. Another common experience in older males is the requirement for a longer interval between times of sexual intercourse, this as well is not dysfunction and is a just a common part of aging.

A factor that may need to be addressed that can cause erectile dysfunction is relationship or marital problems with your sex partner. Treatments such as therapy from a psychologist or sex therapist may be needed for more severe cases but sometimes the interfering problems can simply be solved by turning off the television and discussing the issues you may have with each other until a resolution is discovered. Many times if you improve your relationship with your sex partner then healing can be discovered for erectile dysfunction. No matter what, a relationship problem can only be solved with both partners involving themselves in the chosen method of therapy, unless you want to see your relationship terminate. Therapy can be an effective way for couples to renew old fires of relationship between each other and also discover news ways of pleasing each other and reducing any relationship anxiety that often contributes to erectile dysfunction.

Other factors that can cause or contribute to erectile dysfunction are lifestyle habits, medical conditions and certain medications. Some lifestyle habits that can negatively affect erectile function are things like smoking too many cigarettes, some illegal drugs being used and drinking alcoholic beverages. Some medical conditions that can negatively affect erectile function are high blood pressure, Diabetes, hardening of the arteries, depression and anxiety, and hormonal imbalance. This is why it is extremely wise to consult a doctor if you are experiencing erectile dysfunction to see if there is another health issue associated with your disability that needs to be remedied and discovered. There are also known medications that can cause erectile dysfunction during the time of medication and some medications that may cause erectile dysfunction until the body gets used to having the substance inside of it. Here again if experiencing erectile dysfunction, despite the embarrassment, please see you doctor to discover what the real cause of the issue is.

Depending on your doctor's advice there are now many medications available that treat erectile dysfunction effectively. Some of the well known brand names are ViagraTM, CialisTM and Levitra.TM Thankfully there are many online pharmacies out there that offer these medications to help save the sufferer of erectile dysfunction some embarrassment by avoiding purchasing these medications from the local drugstore. Often many online pharmacies offer generic versions of these popular medications at a much cheaper price than brand name. Always remember that before you begin any treatment to consult your health care practitioner or doctor and also do some research on your own time to discover if there are any underlying causes that can be easily dealt with to experience healing.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

since we've been married 46 years my husband hasn't had any interest in me sex and intimacy. We did have sex once and none since then. I tryed to fix our problems but my husband flat refused any help an further convinced me he really has never really loved me as a wife. I found out when he was younger from the nurse at his doctors office he had E/D. Things might have been different between us if I knew, but he prefered to not tell me and went on with his life. He ruined my life and I will never forgive him for that. Our marriage waS HORRIBLE and I can't relive any thing. He never slept with me or even had dinner and hasn't talked to me in years.