When my boyfriend and I have intercourse - he only maintains an erection and climaxes about 1 out of 3 times. If I give him oral sex, he has no problem maintaining an erection. He tells me that he has ED - due to diabetes.........but I am not sure that is the case. If he truly had ED - would he be able to maintain an erection during oral sex? What could be the problem?

How does he know that he is dealing with erectile dysfunction? I think that young people don't know much about this and sometimes they got scared before the intercourse, which is normal. I had this problem, but I went to consult my doctor and he told me that all this was on a physical basis. I was considering to take a Viagra, of course, and I went to the pharmacy store. I remember that I was really ashamed and then, this girl from the pharmacy store told me that young boys seek for Viagra very often without consulting a doctor or without even trying to find a natural treatment for erectile dysfunction, which is a mistake. You definitely should consult someone to see what the main problem is, why he is having this, etc...

It is possible that your boyfriend has erectile dysfunction. When you perform oral sex, do you have a specific position that you're in versus how you tend to have intercourse. If he is on his back, then it would make sense that he is able to maintain an erection as that is a less demanding position. You also have to understand that there is a mental factor as well--and that penetrative sex can sometimes have an effect on a man. I don't want to speculate, but I do think that it's definitely diabetes-related ED. What do other people think?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do perform oral sex while he is on his back. When we have intercourse, we vary position - sometimes me on top, sometimes him on top, sometimes on our sides, etc. When I question him about his erections during oral sex, he simply says that with oral sex, the sensation on the head of his penis is much stronger - and therefore he has no problem with erection or climax. Of course, I can't help but worry that he just does not enjoy actual intercourse with me. I can also masturbate him to climax with no problem. I don't know what other people think - as you are the first that I have discussed this with.

i don't think this really is ED. it sounds psychological. true ED is more a physical condition.

A lot of men are unable to ejaculate during the actual intercourse process. It's pretty normal and it has nothing to do with actual sex with you, more that it is an overall issue. He is likely not used to the sensation of thrusting and it can be difficult to ejaculate. In this case, if it's not actually ED, practice makes perfect. He could just keep at it until he does ejaculate. Talk to him about it. It seems like it's a concern for you either way.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback.