Hello! For the last couple of months I have been suffering from anxiety. I am aware of the situation but I really can’t afford to go to doctors and get that label as people suddenly see you differently. Anyway, my cousin was taking seroquel for his anxiety disorder ( ordered by doc ) and I was wondering if I could use it as well, or there is something even better I could get.

Hi there! I don’t think you should be playing with your health. If you want anonymity, I believe doctors will give you that, the rest is up to you. I don’t think you should be fighting the problem on your own as you may just “snap” after a while. Besides, I don’t think you can get the drugs just like that, you would need a prescription. To tell you the truth, I feel much better since I started talking to somebody about my problem.

I have been taking seroquel successfully for a few months now, but you really can't just take it without a doctor's supervision. I have bipolar mania which is characherized by anxiety and it has taken me almost 3 years to find the righ drug and become stable. Every psych drug is different and will effect your body in a different way. You have to find the one that is right for your chemical makeup. Some of the drugs I have been on that have not worked have left me in the hospital many times for things like severely irregular heart breat, aphasia and complete memory loss, such severe swelling of my extremeties that I could not walk for days, exc. Almost all psych drugs have to be incrased and decreased in strength according to your own individualized needs (which needs to be monitored by a doctor). If you have too much of the drug in yoour body and have to come off of it you can go into severe withdrawal. And trust me when I tell you that these withdrawals can feel like the equivalent of a heroin withdarwal. So please, please, please!! See a doctor first. You really can't f**k around with these. Go to a free clinic or get medicaid or something! As far as being labeled, only those who you tell will ever know. I just finished my Phd and the people i do tell are completly shocked. They say they would have never known.