Can anyone tell me if taking Seroquel for 4 or 5 yrs. may cause hig colesteol or heart problems?

well, this is what im hearing recently! I have been on seroquel for about 7 yrs and during about a 4yr period, i took 1300mg/day .. i didn't know until now, that its unheard of and unstudied!! I havent been on that dose for 3 yrs, but have been having angina-like symptoms. The ER docs dismissed it as panic attacks because i am "prone" to anxiety! My regular doc is sending me to a cardiologist for a stress test. She says that most docs will think that a woman in 30's can't have heart disease, but what they dont know about me is that i have taken high doses of seroquel in the past. Apparantly there may be some link to seroquel and diabetes too. But what my doc says, is that it is the best of any anti-psychotic. So, i dont know that i answered your question, but wanted to let you know what I have been finding over the past couple days. I will post what the cardiologist says(if i ever get an appt!)

Kay get off this drug. My brother age 47 died in his sleep a couple of months ago. He has been on a high dose for years and put on a ton of weight. He had been complaining of chest pains the last few weeks he was alive. The autopsy said he died of heart disease and hypertension. He had no history of heart disease and I know it was the seroquel that killed him.. I was shocked when I read about the high rate of sudden death this drug causes......

Hello, I would like your help if you can, to you that lost your brother at 47 years old taking Seroquel, my dad passed away recently, he was taking Seroquel, 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use