I recently had a cat scan done of my abdomen as a result of severe nausea and upper abdominal pain that radiates from front of sternum to the , back and in the throat, as if were choking me. I had these attacks sporadically before my gallbladder was removed on 8/09. Since the surgery I have had two more severe episodes of this pain out of the blue. It usually happens while I am sleeping and it awakens me. This goes on for up to twenty minutes and the pain never lets up only gets more exagerated. Well to say the least my abdominal cat scan didn't show anything except for an atherosclerotic calcified aorta. Does this mean its the abdominal aorta or thoractic? Could this be the cause of this horrific pain I am getting. If so what do you suggest I do? Who is the most certified to diagnose me?
Thanks

Hm, that's a little strange. Hvae you seen a gastroenterologist or anything like that? I don't think that a calcified aorta would cause that problem. Did the doctor give you a diganosis? Let me know.

Hi Jomarr,
I replied to another post you have posted similar to this. I am just wondering have you found out what is causing the problem. I agree with healthnfitnessguy, I also don't think this should be affected by aorta.