Hello

Thank you for reading this to begin with. To begin, I am a 22 year old female, and I have been experience pulsations or a pulse superior to my umbilicus. I have noticed it within the past few weeks. It is very palpable and easily auscultated when lying flat. Before that, I started to experience lower back pain. My lower back pain is still present. Before these two symptoms started, I began to experience dizzy spells in the evening. They would precipitate more when I would bend over or kneel down then rise quickly. I have not fainted due to them, but have gotten close. I usually just have to sit for a moment until it passes. They last about a minute. I have never been diagnosed with GI symptoms, and I know that it is not from a reproductive nature. I really dislike going into the doctor's office, but two months ago when the first symptom started (dizziness) I did see the doctor and he proscribed meclizine thinking it was an inner ear disturbance, but I disagree with that. Also, I am at an appropriate weight for my height (149 lbs) and do not have high blood pressure (normal range 105-115/ 65). If you have any information, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I am no help but I am suffering from the same symptoms. It does not appear to affect me in the mornings but in the afternoon and evening it becomes apparent. Just like you said, sitting up and kneeling down even after any exersion, I feel a strong almost bulging pulse from me core up me neck and feels like into me head. I get weak and wait for it to pass. It affects me sleep sometimes and I can't really lie on my stomach anymore. I occasionally feel a throbbing pulse in my upper abdomen and pain in the centre of my chest.I have been feeling unwell for months and doctors tell me its anxiety. I have also started to suffer from hairloss(alopecia areata), which they have claimed is a reaction to my anxiety but I have always had good hair and never had any mental problems. I feel like I'm dying.

You may want to get checked for an abdominal aneurysm, they can do an ultrasound of the aorta - non invasive.

This may seem like a silly question but do you folks spend a lot of time sitting infront of a computer or at a desk?

Thanks

Since you are a young woman, I would ask your doctor about anemia. It sounds like you may be anemic...(low iron). If not that, is it possible you could be pregnant?

Well you maybe pregnant or you move have Poslycystic Ovary Syndrome. I have some of the say symptons and was told that i have this. You should really look in to this syndrome hope that I could be at again help.

I have had same sort of complaint for years, feel like I'm dying, have had all sorts of tests, doctors put it down to long hours sitting in office in front of screen looking at pulses, bad light and lack of sleep. Let me ask if you have time of work does it go away ( it seems to with me)

this piece of information should be of some help to you. second to heart attacks abdominal anurisms are now the second most common silent killers among Americans. symptoms are a pulsating abdomen. this is caused by an enlarged aorta in the abdomen. as it grows larger it pulsates and then may rupture, causing death

Although I'm only 13, I've been having these same symptoms and a bit more. I get dizzy spells almost everyday, always in the evening. And I'm getting abdominal pain in waves that can happen at any time. Also, at night before I go to bed, I always start shaking and this sometimes is fallowed with throwing up? I eat healthy and get plenty of rest, so I have no idea what could be going wrong.

I have been experiencing the same symptoms and it has been related to disc problems and my spine being unstable. This has resulted in severe frontal cramps similar to being hungry, needing to have a bowel movement and being kicked in the genetals at the same time. They had done many test and the CAT scan showed my spine was distorted resembling a snake. The pain in the frontal region covered the groin area to sternum and floating ribs. It sometimes feels like the ribs are being pulled out of place. I sometimes get a little relief by laying on the floor, bed, etc and placing my rear up next to the wall with my legs standing straight up the wall. I will the lower my heels inward and down resting in that position for a few minutes. I will alternate this for a while with my legs in different angles but mostly up and down. This usually has to occur for about 30 minutes before I get any relief and it is only last for a short time. I am currently scheduled for an MRI and will most likely have surgery soon. Good Luck, Peter

i would agree with getting a work-up for the abdominal aneurysm and perhaps marfans syndrome

I agree that abdominal aortic aneurysm is the most likely cause of your symptoms, and you should get an ultrasound as soon as possible.

Hi everyone,

I am feeling the same, I came looking for answers today. When laying flat on my back, I can feel a pulse in my upper stomach, somewjere below my breast. I know I am not pregnant because we use 2 forms of birth control, and I keep getting my mentrual cycle.
I have experienced some lower back pain which I attributed to my active workouts. Could be I was mistaken since the ladies who have posted with the same symptoms all have back pain as well.
I've been to the clinic and they arent taking me serious with my symptoms, they are telling me it will go away, and dont think a X-ray will do much good.
I beg to differ, I think an X-Ray or Scan of some sort would identify the problem. For me its not painful, I just want to make sure its nothing to be worried about.

This started happening about 2 months ago, and like I said, it doesnt hurt, so I dont really do much about it, I just keep going with my day.

So, to recap, I have tightening with pulse in my upper stomach, some lower back pain and a little dizziness when standing quickly from a crouched position.

If anyone knows anything about this, please inlighten us. Thanks.

hey everyone i am 17 years old and i get this pulsing pain in my back and sometimes hurts to breath well its happening. i have had dizzy spells as well. And the pain you were talking about in your stomach area. that comes and goes i had that too. that can actually been from constipation. But i am anemic and if you research it you will find that a lot of symptoms come with being anemic and cramps that feel that way is one of the symptoms. might want to look into it,

Getting the same. Constipation, bad wind, lower back pain (not massively sore, but noticeable) and just left of my belly button I'm getting erratic pulses. Sometimes they're really noticeable but they come and go. I feel fine 99% of the day, and nothing is really painful.. but still I want to know what it is.

It all seems to be happening when I'm at my desk. This could all be caused by me eating total rubbish lately. Plus I've got exams on at the moment so stress/sitting at a desk studying could be the cause. I don't think it's an aneurism because apparently men over 60yrs get it. I'm 16 so I think I'm far off. Although apparently you can contract an infection that causes an aortal aneurism.. food for thought? 

Fingers crossed is just due to a bad diet this past week. If anyone finds a conclusion, or even has a suggestion, let everybody know.