I’m suffering of constant stomach pain for more then a week. Yesterday I had abdominal cat scan. It detected enlarged abdominal lymph nodes. I don’t know yet what is wrong we me. My friend told me that swollen and hurting abdominal lymph nodes can be result of some infection. Does anybody know more about this?

Last year I had mesenteric adenitis. That is the name for swollen abdominal lymph nodes. There may be few causes of it but the most common is bowel infections. I have some other symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and headache. Doctor sent me to abdominal CAT scan also. I treated this condition with certain medications.

My son (17) has been dealing with this for 4 months now, he has lost almost 50 lbs. He has had 2 CTs, uper and lowe GI, countless blood work, and the H P (viral breath test), SB Capsule Endoscopy They firs thought it was Crons. Now not so sure all test say no. We r waiting (as usual) for another CT. They r showin his small intestines swollen & enlarged lymph nodes n his abdom but they dont now Y!!!He sees a Oncologyst, Gastroenterologist, Sergen, MD. & now Endocronoglisy (not sure how to spell that one YET). When he eats it makes his stomach hurt, so I am now giving him Slimfast, Ensure, Boost, Propel water, just trying to make sure he gets some nutrition. Any imput would be a big help thanks and good luck

My son has been experiencing the same thing. He is 11 and has been out of school for 3 weeks. What did you find out. We could sure use some help!

Does anyone have more information on this? My daughter has had abdonimal pain for nearly 4 weeks and has been out of school for more than 2 weeks. A very recent CT scan indicated swollen adbonimal lymphnodes. We think it began with an intestinal parasite, but that has been resolved for more than two weeks and the pain has not subsided.

This is exactly what i'm going through and will see my GI Dr. today. I have maintained my gluten free diet but wish to let others know that Celiac disease is growing and worth testing for OR just eliminate ALL wheat, rye and barley in your diet for 3-4 days and if everything clears...you found your culprit. (it's not aeasy as it sounds...look for 'modified food starch' and other cryptic ingreadients trty

My 11 year old son is having the same problems, 7 months ago he got sick with severe abdomen pain, now cannot walk, has been taken out of school, ect. He has lost 20lbs, which for a small boy is much weight. He is currently in hospital now 2 weeks, still no diagnosis. Swollen mesenteric lymph nodes, no longer eats due to extreme pain, heavy lethergy. Did anyone eventually gain diagnosis?

Have him tested for Celiac disease. We went through the same thing and found out our daughter has this. He should get better on a gluten free diet. Good luck!

I had the same symptons. After the CT scan the doctor determined it was infected lymphnodes in my stomach (prior to the CT scan we were thinking it was the appendix). Took a round of antibiotics and it cleared up.

For the past three months, I have suffered from severe abdominal and back pain. I have missed more than 60 days of school this semester alone. I have had 2 EGD's (upper scopes) and a colonoscopy because my gastrointerologist was convinced I had either Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. My symptoms were eventually blown off as IBS. I was told nothing could be done and even though I was in severe pain, I could not have narcotic pain medicine because it would irritate the IBS. During a particularly painful attack, I made the decision to go to a different hospital's ER for a different perspective. I had a CT scan in the emergency room and told I had enlarged abdominal lymph nodes. I was admitted to the hospital and seen by a general surgeon, gastrointerologist, and an OB/GYN (to rule out other problems. Mesentaric adenitis is commonly overlooked. In fact, in the ER before the doctor came to explain the CT results, the nurse told us everything was normal! The condition is so painful that 20% of all appendectomies performed are actually due to mesentaric adenitis NOT appendicitis. The duration of mesentaric adenitis is not predictable and can last any where from 3 to 6 months. It can be due to a bacterial or viral infection of the bowel and can sometimes be treated with antibiotics. I am attending a very competitive accelerated medical school this fall and I have never heard of mesentaric adentitis. Unfortunately, this extremely painful condition is looked over by many medical professionals. I am still in pain daily and am actually going to be seen at the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion. I am now suffering from swollen lymph nodes in my neck, underarms, and groin. I am facing an exploratory surgery to biospy the lymph nodes in my abdomen. I encourage all suffering from this painful condition to find a doctor that listens to your problems and keeps you comfortable during the time it takes for mesentaric adenitis to run its course.

I have had severe abdominal pain under my ribs which radiates to my sides and straight thru to my back for 2 weeks now. I've been to the er, my dr & a general surgeon in the last 2 wks. I still have no answers! My abdominal CT scan shows enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes. My stomach is swollen & I'm nauseated. I don't have my gall-bladder so it's not that & my liver & pancreatic enzyme levels are normal. I'm due to see a GI dr in 1 wk. I'm not to optimistic...anyone have any advice or recommendations?

I noticed that no-one has mentioned the scary possibility of lymphatic cancer.  I am a certified WOCN and so have some experience in this area.  I also have history of Crohns, UC, total colectomy and permanent illiostomy.  there is an interesting article at
http://radiographics.rsna.org/content/25/2/351.full that covers about all the possibilities, although it is written in severe Doctoreese.  Try to get someone with clinical experience to help translate it for you.  Best of look to you all.

I've had swollen. painful lymph nodes for 4 years and increasing abdominal pain. Been to the emergency twice with the pains. my GP isn't really doing much and to hear that you've been sent to different scans and checks is a shock. So far I've had an ultrasound and couple of bloodtest. Think its time to change my doctor. I just get sent home with painkillers every time. It's affecting my life real bad, had to leave early from work couple of days ago to go to the hospital, got sick from the pain. And now having high fevers and no appetite, feel sick most of the time, doesn't hurt too much today but i've had a lot of painkillers lately. Even if the pain isn't too intense, it's still there, cant sleep at night eather. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I'm getting a bit desperate. Thanks

My issue begain with I thought was a  yeast infection then I  began having a flu like symptoms,  stomach pain it was more like pressure in my abdomen. Then the next month I had the same symptoms chills, nausea , abdomen pressure, head ache  and bloating sort of feeling. Off to the ER twice I thought it was serios .  I had an ultrasound, CAT Scan   checked for ovarian cysts, for stones kidney and gall bladder. I was given five days of Cipro which is so dangerous I had tendon inflammation I stopped ! I'm not into hit hard whatever it is way of doing things.

All my tests were  negative, My blood work perfect! No H. pylori either  no findings at all!  I was referred to GI specialist.  This is the catch I have t I'm a vegetarian twenty years and have been mindful of what I eat I have increased by  B12 and Iron.

My friend think it can be related to suppression of emotion perhaps,  I do not discount that many things can orginate mentally and manifest physically. Just  look at what stress does. Anyhow  I went to a chinese medicine doctor and amazing herbalist  she helped so much she told me I had inflammation in my stomach and a low grade infection, She told me to eat small amounts and eat a simple diet or rice and soup with cooked veges which is easy to digest I did it.  I took the  herbs three times aday that literally eliminated practically all of my symptoms. But a few weeks later I noticed I had slight symptoms again ...now I had stopped the rice /soup diet I'm also gluten intolerant but Im not as careful as I should be so no gluten/wheat is permanently out. I'm keeping a food diary I suggest everyone keep on if they are going through addopmen  issues.  .  Just to be on safe side  I'm doing my own research  I'm speculating here but I also thought maybe it was a certain bacteria so I started with 1/2 tsp each of milk of magnesia and baking soda in glass of water 2-3 times a day because this can kick it out of the body you must be consistent .  I also went on selenuim,  1500 mg vitamin C and 1000 MG L-Lysine zinc vitamin  D and borax the kind buy at THE HEALTH STORE or Whole Foods  pellets  I'm taking this because if this is caused by  Mesenteric adenitis then I want to treat it with a natuarl gentle approach .. Mesentric adenitis  is an inflammation of the mesenteric lymph nodes in the abdomen. If it occurs in the right lower quadrant, it can be mistaken for acute appendicitis,  anyhow check with doctor of course. For me personally  I'm tired of going to the doctor so I'm just speculating  since no diagnosis has been made ...I'm glad in away that I haven't been diagnosed I really do not want a pre-existing condition on my medical records I know that sounds so crazy but I think we are headed towards that type of thinking.