My friend told me that he has scalp folliculitis and that is a big problem to him. He tried to explain to me why it is so dangerous but I didn’t understand why he is so desperate. I’m not sure that I know what it is exactly. Can somebody explain to me what is scalp folliculitis?

Hi there. Look, when someone is diagnosed with folliculitis, you should know that this is usually not that dangerous as someone can tell you. In the most of the cases,  causes of folliculitis and folliculitis as well will go away on their own and this is going to happen in about a week or two, depends on the condition of the patient. However, more severe infections may cause permanent hair loss or scarring. That is why doctors will recommend medications, any type of medication is better than no one in order to kill bacteria. Remember, it is a curable infection and all you need to do is to heal it. 

Folliculitis is the infection of hair follicles. This can occur anywhere on the skin or scalp. Folliculitis usually appears as small, white-headed pimples around one or more hair follicles — the tiny pockets from which each hair grows. Severe cases may cause permanent hair loss and scarring, and even mild folliculitis can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.