Hi, I am a forty five years old woman. I have never had any problems with my hair. It was always long and thick. As a matter of a fact, it was my pride and joy. A month ago it started falling off. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but it just kept on falling off. Why is this happening?

Hi, I can understand how much hair means to you. Women are not affected by hair loss as often as men. There can be several reasons why your hair is falling off. Hair loss in women can accrue as a consequence of a recent stressful experience. Also, some medication that you may be taking can cause hair loss as a side effect. If you are taking some drugs, talk to your doctor about your hair loss and if it is a consequence of the therapy. In women your age estrogen level starts to drop down. Some scientists believe that hair loss is connected with diminished concentration of estrogen in blood. If your problem is one of these, don't worry. They are all treatable. However you should visit your doctor and consult with him.

help me my hair on my head grows slowly and hair has alot of split ends