I've been taking 20mg of Omeprazole for 6 months and in the last month or so I've noticed my hair is thinning.  One of the side effects is thinning hair mostly in women.    

I'm doing Rogaine in hopes it will help.  Has anyone had this problem on this drug or any other acid reflux drug?  

Also, does anyone know of a acid reflux drug that won't cause hair loss?

Ranitidine has not caused me any symptons that omneprazole caused me, which incuded hair loss, bleeding under the skin, hemhoroids, and more. Each time I went off it, the symptoms went away. However, the Ranitidine was not sufficient to fight my ulcers owing to stress and the use of my arthritis NSAID. So I am going back on a new variety of omneprzole temporarily to see if I can tolerate it and let the ulcers heal. I have been on 300 MG of ranitidaine twice a day and have had no symptoms

I would like to know the new variety of omneprzole and how it works for you. I'm on 10mg of omneprzole hoping my hair loss won't continue.

When going off omeprazole will your hair growth come back?  Or is this something that is permanet?  Does anyone have a answer to this question

Please let me know the new variety of omneprzole, thank you

It is very possible that you may have low iron, more specifially an iron binding protein called Ferritin.
It is widely accepted that your Ferritin level should be at least between 70-100 to avoid hair shedding and for optimal hair growth.

Also, do NOT take iron supplements on your own, without careful monitoring by your physician, as excess iron build-up in the blood can severely damage your liver.

Why won't anyone reply to this question?

I've been on omeprazole for 15 years without any hair loss so I suppose I have no answer for it. Maybe no one else reading this has an answer either.

I have been on at least six different prescription medication for acid reflux including over the counter Zantac 150 mg twice a day (also known as Ranitidine). They all cause hair loss including Pepcid. I stopped taking them for three weeks and my hair loss stopped. The acid was worse. I went back to the doctor and she put me on Zantac over the counter. The problem returned. I got scared because i have Barrett's that is why I went back on medication. I tried all the natural remedies including apple cider vinegar. It made my reflux worse. I hope this info helps.

I have hair loss also. No answers sorry

try Slippery Elm capsules

I have been off omeprazole for four years now. I control all acid reflux with a very strict diet. Hair that had been lost while on this drug did not come back. I am angry about this

i HAVE BEEN OFF OF OMEPRAZOLE FOR FOUR YEARS NOW. THE HAIR i LOST FOUR YEARS AGO HAS NOT REGROWN

tHE SPONSERING DRUG COMPANIES DO NOT WANT YOU TO RECEIVE THE TRUTH

Has anyone who has experienced hair loss have any regrowth?