I have sebborheic dermatitis. I have to use special shampoos to treat it and have to wash my hair every day. I have noticed that my hair has become weak and every morning I have hair on my pillow. Does sebborheic dermatitis lead to hair loss?

Dandruff shampoos should be used daily only for a short period, and then 2-3 times a week. Seborrhoeic dermatitis is caused by fungus called malesezia and certain nutritients that are taken orally are helpful in repairing of normal cell metabolism that fights fungi. Vitamins from b group, especially b6 are needed for normal protein metabolism, else, omega fatty acids, zinc and vitamin A and E that are lipofillic and important as antioxidants. Healthy scalp is important for healthy hair root that decreases hair loss.

Hi, I have had a severe case of seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp for 5 years. It has lead to severe hair loss for me. I have tried everything UNDER the sun to get rid of this disease, shampoos, steriods, etc, which only made things worse. 14 doctors later, I was introduced to a product called Vibe, a very potent liquid/vitamin/mineral/nutrient supplument in which I take 2 ounces a day. It has been the ONLY thing that has helped me so far. It helped me so much I even made my own website and became a distributer. Check out pics of my website and look into Vibe, it may save you 5 years of hair loss and a horrible case of seborrhea like i had.

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed **

scott