I am 29 years old male, average weight, just diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and a irregular heart rate (untreated). The other day I developed a headache, then became nausea out of the blue, racing heart rate of 174 bpm, became faint, and extremely weak, could not stand up when i did i almost fell over. When my heart rate slowed down to normal i felt somewhat better, when it sped up again i got worse..after the episode i was so exhausted and went to lay down at 4:30pm. I woke back up at 9:30am the next morning i was out all that time. i was exhausted for 2 days after the attack hoping you guys have a suggestion on what it is??

I have had many episodes as such ...without a doctor looking at you all i can say is the form i have . Panic attack , they are sudden your heart rate can hit 220bpm blood pressure rises and fainting is not uncommon . Its also very very scary your mind and body is in a flight or fight mode and just like an overheated computer you can turn off .... hence the fainting and then the sleeping.

This is a very fast heart rate! It may cause a stroke.
I would suggest going to the ER next time it goes this high and you have these weird feelings. Better to be safe then sorry.

I am 20 years old and am in the USMC. I have been having chest pain ever since boot camp. I went to get it looked at and they found some things wrong. Because of that they looked even deeper. They found that I had a heart murmor and 1 less heart valve. I was told to wear a heart monator for 24hrs. I just got the results today and my highest rate was 174bpm, and low of 41bpm. Lately I have been having the pain on my left side rather the right that has been causing my left arm to go numb, my left side of the face to go numb, and my left hand to go cold and fingers tingle. It lasts about 3-5 min and leaves me feeling weak, light headed, and tired. The tests they are taking dont show anything too big, just abnormal. Just throwing that out for the first poster.

Same Marine. They finished with the tests and said that one of my heart valves only has 2 flaps rather than 3. This causes some blood to
leak from the valves. This would not cause the chest pain. So they looked at my lungs. I had asphma and they gave me Advair and the pain on the right has gone. The pain on my left was still there. Taking a new look at things the Doc said I may have Heart Burn or Acid Reflex. Something you also may want to look into.

The Doc who said heart burn and acid reflux is obviously someone that does not know what is wrong and is just throwing something out to you. Basically a bad Doctor. I would say all of the symptoms that you are having are from the heart problem and asthma. You should see a really good cardiologist.

LOOK UP "TIA SYMPTOMS" AND IF THEY MATCH ENOUGH FOR YOU, SEE A DOCTOR AND TELL HIM SO. IF NOT,WHEN YOUR HEARTBEAT GOES TO 160-170, EAT A BANANA AND TAKE TWO IMODIUM A.D. AND WAIT 30 MINUTES. IF IT DOES NOT GO DOWN, BY THIS TIME HAVE A PLATE OF SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE READY AND EAT I. I HAVE HAD THESE EPISODES FOR THREE YEARS AND THEY ARE NOT TIA AND 4 VISITS TO THE HOSPITAL FOUND NOTHING. BUT THIS REGIMEN WORKS FOR ME. ECG'S SHOW NO DAMAGE TO DATE. OH, WHEN IT IS 170'S FOR ME, BLOOD PRESSURE IS LOW AROUND 114/60.