Hi, I'm 16 years of age and recently I've been experiencing an alarming set of symptoms. About two weeks ago I had a severe anxiety attack and had to be rushed to the hospital, and ever since then I have felt slightly off kilter. I've been having hot flashes, random bouts of nausea, chronic fatigue, periods of increased heart rate (I counted today and it came out at 110, when the norm for someone my age is 60-100), dizziness, and shortness of breath. All these have been happening randomly during the days since my attack, usually during the evening and almost every single day. Each time I have these symptoms I feel like I just need to lie down and sleep for a while, and it's unsettling. If you have any answers or a possible diagnosis please let me know. I am scheduled to go to the doctor later this week, and I hope to find out what is ailing me.

I went through the same thing you are going through. It started when I was about your age and my doctor's just thought they were panic attacks/anxiety so they loaded me up on all kinds of anti-depressants and anxiety medicine. It turned out I did not have anxiety at all, it was a heart condition called SVT/VTACH that was finally caught on a heart monitor I was wearing this past winter. Let me ask you this, does your heart start racing before any of your other symptoms start? Next time you have an attack, try and think about what symptom comes first, then second, then third, etc. It very well could be anxiety attacks, because they do cause your heart rate to go up, but to be on the safe side I would talk to your doctor first after you really listen to your symptoms and what order they go in. I was having legitimate panic attacks, but they were being caused by my heart going into VTACH and my heart rating shooting up to 200-230 beats a minute. Let me know if you have any other questions, but go to the doctor and get a professional's opinion just to make sure :)