I am a 37 year old female and for the last 2-3 months I have been expereincing heart palpitations with symptoms including; lightheadedness and a heavy chest. It sometimes feels like I have indegestion but I have it all through the day and even wake up with these sensations. After some monitoring, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't food related. I went to the gym last week and went on the cross trainer for the first time for 3 minutes and my heartbeat went to 169 bpm. Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks
Sharon

I experienced the similar thing a few months ago before blacking out. I am only 16.

After waking, I called a free help line and said that I had these symptoms and then about 5 minutes later blacked out. They called an ambulance and I spent two days in hospital and people were doing tests on me trying to figure out what caused this. My heart rate was 217 beats per minute before I blacked out by the way and I was not doing any exersize but was uising the computer.

In the end...they could find nothing physical and said that extreme anxiety can cause this. I still have this happen to me but have not blacked out again.

Anyway, the point of this is that it could possibly be anxiety which is causing you to get these symptoms.

Could be something physical though, so best to go and see a doctor about it.

I am 53 and have suffered from heart palpitations (pulse sometimes 120, sometimes it feels higher, like 150-180, I am too panicked to count at that point), heavy chest in some cases. I feel two forms of "attacks": the ones where I feel anxiety first, pulse normally does not go beyond 120 in these cases; and then those where the pulse suddenly goes high, out of the blue, no warning. It is in these latter cases the pulse seems to go even higher. Episodes last approximately 10-15 minutes. The whole thing started a month ago with 2 of those "out of the blue" episodes". Then came a
general feeling of anxiety (for having other episodes).

Have been at the ER several times and even been hospitalized for 3 days and checked from A-Z. Nothing found, although low potasium (2.8 and 3.1) was found in two cases. But, diagnosis: anxiety.

Advice 1: get checked by doctor to rule out underlying heart problems.

Advice 2: assume they find nothing wrong (most likely), find some expert in
this that you can talk with. Might be a different person than your doctor.

Michel

Hi, I am a 40 yo female and about 4 months ago i started having a rapid heart beat. it wouldnt bother me if it were times when that sort of thing was expected, such as exercising but it happed mostly when watching tv and mostly at night. I went to the doctor, they did an EKG and found PVC's (Premature Ventricular contractions) then they scheduled me for an Echo Cardiogram but found nothing on it. i researched online and i tried changing my hormone pills to a higher dose, cut out caffeine and yet it still happened. I have always had very low iron and my diet isnt as good as it can/should be so i looked up symptoms for low iron and had A LOT of them so i started taking an iron pill a day, a slow release one and saw an improvement in my rapid beating. after a month of taking them i ran out and let a week go by before i got more, during this week i noticed the heart rate beating very rapid again. yesterday i went to the dr. and asked if she checked my iron level a few months back when she did my blood work, she said no, that my blood levels were within the range and she didnt see any signs of anemia. i am wearing a halter monitor but have not had to puch the button but a couple of times. i have started taking an iron pill every morning as well as every night. If you havent checked your iron level have it looked at. Ask your Dr. before you start taking any since you can take too much. Iron Anemia Symptoms from the Mayo Clinc ~>

Initially, iron deficiency anemia can be so mild that it goes unnoticed. But as the body becomes more deficient in iron and anemia worsens, the signs and symptoms intensify.

Iron deficiency anemia symptoms may include:

Extreme fatigue
Pale skin
Weakness
Shortness of breath
Headache
Dizziness or lightheadedness
Cold hands and feet
Irritability
Inflammation or soreness of your tongue
Increased likelihood of infections
Brittle nails
Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Poor appetite, especially in infants and children with iron deficiency anemia
Restless legs syndrome — an uncomfortable tingling or crawling feeling in your legs

When to see a doctor
If you or your child develops signs and symptoms that suggest iron deficiency anemia, see your doctor. Iron deficiency anemia isn't something to self-diagnose or treat. Take iron supplements only with a doctor's supervision. Overloading the body with iron can be dangerous because excess iron accumulation can damage your liver and cause other complications.

Hope this helps =))

Hi Everyone,

Just Guessing as My sister has similar problems where the heart pounds and beats incontrollably. My possible theory is that it has gott something to do with schumann resonance. Of late, it has been found that earth frequency has increased from 7-8 hz to 12Htz and this is causing the heart to also increase the beating rate.

Not sure though how to prove the same.

Been having the same, bpm go from 112 to 217 without moving, turns out it's hyperthyroid.. Easy to do a blood panel for thyroid levels.. have the dr test for thyroid antibodies at the same time. Good luck all.

See a cardiologist it's probably SVT. I had it now my husband has it. I had a procedure to fix it and now he is.